William P. Sorensen, DDS, MS
William Sorensen, D.D.S., M.S. has practiced periodontics in Ann Arbor since 1975. He is proud of his longstanding commitment to the Ann Arbor community.
Dr. Sorensen completed his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1972, then served as Clinical Instructor in the Department of Operative Dentistry in 1972. He remained at the University of Michigan to complete his specialty training in Periodontics in 1975. He was recognized for his academic excellence with the Max Winslow Award in Periodontics and as a member of the OKU Honors Society.
Dr. Sorensen has continued his commitment to clinical excellence. In 1981, he earned the status of Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Diplomate status is earned through comprehensive written and practical examination and is the highest recognition awarded in periodontics. You can be assured of exceptional care as a patient under his care.
Dr. Sorensen is an active member of all relevant professional organizations, including:
- American Academy of Periodontology (Trustee, District IV)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Michigan Dental Association
- Michigan Periodontal Association (Former Chair, Committee on Peer Review)
- Midwest Society of Periodontology (former President)
- Washtenaw District Dental Society (former President)
- Russell Bunting Periodontal Society (former President)
On a Personal Note:
Dr. Sorensen is married and the father of five children, (several of whom are likewise pursuing careers in the health sciences). In his free time, Dr. Sorensen enjoys skiing or fly fishing.